|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
Establishment and Functions
The Ballarat division of the Country Roads Board was established in 1948. As a branch of the Country Roads Board, its functions included:
the maintenance, upgrading and construction of roads
the provision of traffic signals and other traffic facilities
the setting of load limits, speed limits and other regulations
The Ballarat division of the C.R.B. carried out these functions in relation to main roads in its area.
Further information about the functional responsibilities of the Country Roads Board may be found in the Inventory of Series entry for VA 722.
In 1983 the Country Roads Board ceased operation and all its functional responsibilities were inherited by the newly established Road Construction Authority (VA 1054); (Ballarat Division VA 1020).
Location of Records
See also List of Holdings 2nd edition 1985, section 3.21.14