|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
An Audit Office was established following the appointment of the first Auditor-General for the Colony of Victoria in July 1851.
From 1860 the Audit Office was included under the expenditure of the Chief Secretary (Finance Statement 1860). In 1936 the Premier assumed administrative responsibility for the Audit Office.
The Office is currently known as the Office of the Auditor-General.