|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The Office of the Public Solicitor, also known as the Public Solicitor's Office, was established in 1929 under the provisions of the Poor Persons Legal Assistance Act 1927 (No.3548).
The Public Solicitor was responsible to the head of the Law Department until 1981 when the office was abolished.
The Legal Aid Commission superseded the Office of the Public Solicitor in 1981.
Location of Records
For records of the Office of the Public Solicitor, see also the List of Holding 2nd edition 1985, section 3.4.4.