|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
* VA 2338 Rural Water Commission
- Water (Rural Water Corporation) Act 1992 abolished this agency and established the Rural Water Corporation 1 Jul 1992 and established 5 Regional Management Boards to which powers and functions of the central office might be delegated and which might be incorporated.
- 1993 1994 disaggregation of the Rural Water Corporation. Central office functions formed into companies, some of which were later sold and others transferred to a Regional Water Authority.
- Now known as Rural Water Authorities (from 1 Jul 1994) provide water for irrigation, stock and domestic uses as well as some wholesale water supply. Also undertake drainage services, regulate groundwater extraction and structures in water courses.
First Mildura Irrigation Trust
Gippsland and Southern Rural Water Authority
Goulburn-Murray Rural Water Authority
Sunraysia Rural Water Authority
Wimmera-Mallee Rural Water Authority
- by Sep 1995 Rural Water Corporation abolished.
For details see Rural Water Corporation Restructuring the Rural Water Corporation (Rural Water Commission): Documentation of Events Dec 1995.