|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
* VA 1373 Coastal Management and Co-ordination Committee (1978 1995)
- this committee was established under the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 S 25-28 to coordinate and manage coastal Crown lands.
- sections were repealed by the Coastal Management Act 1995 under which the Victorian Coastal Council was established to provide a statewide approach to coastal planning and management including strategic coastal planning and the implementation of plans. Membership includes the same nominees as the previous committee with the addition of others.
- also established under the same Act were Regional Coastal Boards to take a lead role in the identification of planning activities relevant to the coast and the production of Coastal Action Plans (mandated by the Act), to increase awareness and understanding of regional coastal issues and the implementation of the Victorian Coastal Strategy (mandated by the Act).
- Regional Coastal Boards are:
Central Regional Coastal Board
Gippsland Lakes Regional Coastal Board
Western Coast Regional Coastal Board.