|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The Welchman's Reef Public Cemetery consisted of 4 acres in the County of Talbot, Parish of Maldon at Sandy Creek. The land was gazetted for cemetery use on 29 July 1870. The last burial occurred in 1952 giving a total of 101 burials during its operating period. On 22 November 1967 discontinuation of burials in that cemetery was gazetted for all but those plots for which burial rights had already been sold. A portion of the unused portion of the cemetery was excised in 1968. The Maldon Shire Council was appointed trustees of the cemetery in 1967.