|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
Mallacoota Inlet National Park was first reserved in 1909 to provide a sanctuary for native animal life. A Committee of Management for the park was not appointed until 1958 under the auspices of the National Park Service (VA 549).
Under the National Parks Act 1975, direct responsibility for the management of all national parks was assumed by the National Parks Service and the Committee of Management at Mallacoota Inlet became an Advisory Committee (VA 4709).
Mallacoota Inlet National Park was combined with the Captain James Cook and Wingan Inlet Parks in from April 1979 as Croajingalong National Park.