|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The first reservation for Kinglake National Park was gazetted in 1928 with the appointment of a Committee of Management at the same time. From 1957 the management of the park came under the oversight of the National Parks Authority (known as the National Parks Service 1971 - 1983).
Under the National Parks Act 1975, direct responsibility for the management of all national parks was assumed by the National Parks Service and the Committee of Management at Kinglake became an Advisory Committee. This Committee was appointed only for the period 1976 to 1978. From 1983 the National Parks Service became a branch of the Department of Conservation, Forests and Lands (VA 1034). Since 1996, Kinglake National Park has been managed by Parks Victoria (VA 4253).