|Description of this AgencyDescription of this Agency|
The Road District of Swan Hill was established in 1862. In 1871 it was proclaimed a Shire. In 1885 part of the Shire was severed to create Gordon Shire [VA 2434]. In 1890 and 1893 further parts were severed and constituted as Mildura Shire [VA 2469], and Castle Donnington Shire [VA 4385] (which later changed its name to Swan Hill Shire in 1904).
The name of the Shire was changed to Kerang in 1898.